Friday 20 December 2013


EATING OUT 1:  R.S. Puram Post Office Canteen

Post Office at R.S.Puram, Coimbatore is one of the major landmarks. This is situated at the junction of D.B. Road signal. Within the compound of post office, there is a very nice eating joint. There are no furniture but one needs stand and eat. I have been seeing this joint for quite sometime. Today morning I had a visit to this joint to see what is happening. There were around 20 to 25 people eating different items. They make all type of dosas, poori bhaji, vada, bonda, coffe/tea, etc.. I too ordered a dosa. Speciality is that chattani, sambar, etc. are kept and one needs to take the required quantity - self service. I had earlier posted one photo of this joint in FB. I too met several others who were eating there . All of them said that "Food is excellent here". Photo of the kitchen is attached. When I took the photo, they were making "Bonda" which you can see in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment